One of THE single most powerful business tools ever used by highly successful people is called a Mastermind Group. These groups tap into the minds of brilliant people and focus all their ideas, knowledge and energy into one amazing session in which great things usually follow.
Let’s face the real truth: In order to truly succeed in life and in your career, you need the help of other people. Life is not lived alone. When you can gather some of the brightest and sharpest minds into one session, amazing ideas and concepts are revealed, and success and happiness comes faster and more efficiently.
Extraordinary results can be achieved within Mastermind Groups that can RARELY be achieved all alone.
Enter The Genius, Napoleon Hill…
The original concept of “Mastermind Alliance” was formally introduced by the late-great Napoleon Hill in his timeless and must-read classic, Think and Grow Rich. In this amazing masterpiece, Napoleon interviewed over 500 of the most powerful and innovative business people, inventors and civic leaders…and almost every single one of them had some form of support or mastermind group around them.
Hill once said about the concept of masterminds as
The coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony. No two minds ever come together without thereby creating a third, invisible, intangible force, which may be likened to a third mind.
Below is a detailed breakdown of the overall benefits of the Mastermind Group, the process, and the format as well as how you can join a new group!
The Main Benefits
- You have support all of the time – not just on the call
- You gain different perspectives and insight
- You learn what is working for other people
- You gain support, relationships, and connections with like-minded people
- The group provides accountability to you for your goals
- You learn other ways of doing things
- You get genuine support
The Purpose of a Mastermind Group
The purpose of the mastermind group is to be a sounding board for you, so that you can achieve success and happiness in your life. Each person defines his or her own “Success” and “Happiness”; no two people will have the same definition. Some objectives of the group include:
- Sharing goals, success stories, and obstacles to moving forward
- Offering support and encouragement
- Helping each other with a common and specific goal
- Mutual growth of mind and spirit in an atmosphere of total trust and harmony
- Creating an environment to test new strategies
- Sharing ideas in a creative and confidential environment.
- Holding each other accountable for achieving the goals you set
- Offering knowledge and advice, as well as perspective
- Sharing resources, books, tapes, websites, vendors, articles, etc.
- Sharing referrals (“Do you know anyone who…”)
- Brainstorming the pros and cons to possible solutions
- Sharing best practices
- Each participant has an opportunity to be featured by bring their issue(s) to the group for discussion and feedback (20 minutes).
- Examples of clarifying questions that can be asked, include:
- What are your problems, issues, and challenges?
- Any additional information needed by the group?
- What suggestions or ideas does the group have to address these issues?
- Does the featured participant need any additional feedback or information?
- What actions must the featured participant take to fix their issues?
- How is the group going to hold you accountable?
The featured person will take the advice and communicate back to the group any commitments related to the feedback received and report the results at the next meeting.
How the Mastermind Session Works
- We will tackle 1 or 2 of the most pressing issues, challenges and opportunities facing our group
- The facilitator will ensure a productive and effective group discussion and resolution of the matter
- The power of a facilitator and a mastermind group will provide practical solutions and breakthroughs
- Your peer group will provide invaluable insights, wisdom, experiences, perspectives, objectivity, lessons, strategies, best practices, worst practices, resources, suggested advisers, etc.
- The primary focus on a mastermind group is that the group members talk with each other, not to the facilitator, so that everyone participates in every conversation. There is an extremely strong bond of trust, respect and communication that forms among the group members.
- A mastermind group is a democracy; the mastermind group guidelines and agenda can be changed if the group votes on it.
- The facilitator is more of an administrator than the “leader” of the group. The facilitator’s job is to keep the group running harmoniously and to keep group conversations free flowing and supportive.
- The facilitator does not dominate the conversation and is often the last person to respond to a question or situation brought up in the meeting. In some groups, the facilitator is not even a member of the group, but someone who takes on the group facilitation roles without participating in the masterminding.
- The purpose of a mastermind group is to empower the individuals and empower the group cohesiveness to assist each other.
- As a mastermind group member, your mastermind group relies upon your participation, and you want to know that your group will be around for you, too.
- Often, new mastermind group memberships requires a commitment for a specific period of time, sometimes months or more.
- The best groups — the most effective, bonded and helpful groups, the groups that help each individual to move rapidly toward their dreams — are ones that stick together.
- In short, the more often you participate and the longer you participate in each meeting, the more you will get out of the group.
The Format & Process
- Monthly 3-hour teleconference
- Groups are constrained to 4-6 members to allow time for everyone to present their issue.
- Groups may consist of a variety of members from various backgrounds and professions
- Sample agenda:
- Learning moment (article, resource, book, information)
- Where you are struggling and need input
- Where you need help, ideas, suggestions
- What’s working and what’s not
- What your working on
- What are your goals
- What have you learned?
- Online group to connect with members between sessions
- Optional additional resources (classes, webinars, guest speakers, retreats, case studies)
Take your ideal life to the next level by tapping into the power of a mastermind group.
Apply today to Join The Mastermind Group Forming Now.